Join the family
That eternal question: why should you work here? One: we’re independent, so you’ll be able to explore ideas and approaches you wouldn’t elsewhere. Two: we have a passion for great ideas – and we like to get everybody involved. And three: we’re thinking big about the future, so this will be a place where you can explore, grow and develop. Have a look below for our current opportunities.
We’re after a lively, proactive and can-do account manager who likes to put a little something extra into their work – and wants the freedom and opportunity to do so more often.
About the role
Variety is something we can certainly offer. You’ll be taking on employer communications projects across a pretty broad client list – some big names, some fascinating and under-the-radar, and some that are very prestigious indeed.
Alongside traditional recruitment marketing and media buying, you could be doing anything from creating interactive tools for internal communications to managing ambitious film shoots or developing global employer – or even corporate – brands.
What’s special about Stafford Long
We’re an established agency with a strong inventive streak and a healthy sense of fun. For the last 30 years, our independence as an agency has given us the agility to reinvent ourselves and explore things others can’t, don’t or won’t. It means you’ll have the freedom to own your client relationships, grow your accounts, tackle completely new types of projects and bring ideas of your own to try (while learning from the different approaches we’ve developed).
Who we’re looking for
- You’re an account manager looking for a fresh challenge or an exec looking to make a step up
- You’ve got the talent, experience and level head to pick up projects of all kinds and run with them
- You’re up for a challenge and eager to branch out into different areas
- You take pride in your work and have a wonderful eye for detail
- You’re a thoroughly pleasant human being and enjoy the company of other thoroughly pleasant human beings.
Stafford Long is an independent creative communications agency with a number of awards and big name clients to our name. We’re now looking for a motivated, self-starting web developer to join our digital team. This is a small team with a lot of large and exciting projects to look after, so you’ll need to be motivated, confident in your own abilities and capable of jumping between projects, quickly understanding new concepts and bringing fresh thinking to our team and the wider agency.
Typical responsibilities include
- Working closely with a variety of other creatives including Art Directors, Copywriters and Multimedia Producers from concept through to production, offering implementation advice and technical expertise.
- Working closely with Project Managers to help them produce accurately quoted project plans which meet the clients’ end goals.
- Writing technical specifications and documentation for projects you’re involved with.
- Researching and experimenting with emerging technologies and best practices and bringing them to the attention of the Technical Lead.
- Offering mentoring and guidance to junior members of the team.
- Being available for conversations with clients, where necessary, to clarify technical specifics and troubleshoot issues.
- Promoting the capabilities of the digital team to help the agency win new business.
- At least 2 years of commercial web development experience, ideally in a multi-project, deadline-driven environment such as a creative agency
- Ability to write clean, semantic and well documented code using the latest web technologies
- Ability to retrieve design assets (Photoshop/Illustrator/Sketch) for web builds
- Proficient with at least one server-side programming language (ideally Ruby)
- Proficient with using GIT for version control
- Experience with at least one frontend build tool (webpack or gulp ideally)
Nice to haves
- Experience with Apache Cordova and Xcode
- Experience with managing AWS resources (S3, Route 53, Cloudfront etc).
- Experience with Heroku deployments
You could be an Art Director or Copywriter. Middleweight or junior. If you’re after juicy projects, fruitful collaboration, intellectual challenge and a little more actual involvement in agency life, get in touch.
Why you should join us
As you’ll have seen, we’re independent – and (just as importantly) creative at heart. Our sole purpose as an agency is to do great work, and there’s a real variety of it to get your teeth into. We run events big and small; produce physical and digital pieces of communication; and develop everything from apps and games to videos and websites. We’ve also won several awards for our work along the way.
Culture’s very important to us. So, we want to meet creatives who are not only meticulous crafters and voracious problem solvers – but sharp, open-minded, calm and fun to be around.